Correct. Windows imposes a much higher overhead on just about every aspect
of doing profiling. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do about this,
other then to complain to Microsoft. (It doesn't have signals, so we must
emulate them with a separate thread. The accuracy of windows timers is
somewhat questionable. And the stack walk library (for recording the
backtrace) is apparently just badly written and therefore insanely slow and
memory hungry.)