The book is written by Malcolm Sherrington. He has a very limited online
presence and only two threads on julia-users, and I couldn't find his github
username. I got the two first chapters for review, but they gave me short
deadlines and I felt so bad about missing their imposed 3 day deadline, that I
stopped replying. I didn't have the attention span to really sit down to try to
nest the loose ends, and give more useful comments than typos and small errors.
Maybe it was just that a language introduction is hard to write, and that it
will improve when the basics are known.

I'm very curious how someone can write a book about Julia, at this stage,
without discovering anything that would be worth opening an issue on github to
get fixed. I generally find issues and potential improvements everywhere I
look, and frankly that's one of the most fun thing about being part of the
language development at this early stage.