I currently am trying to solve a problem where I have many composite types
and I would like to associate some data with each type, such that every
instance has access to it. Obviously, in C++ I would just create a static
member variable.

Is there a good way to go about this in Julia? Currently, I have it working
by using a global Dict mapping DataType objects to their associated data
but I really don't like this. Something more naive like just adding that
field to every object instance also strikes me as unnecessary and wasteful.
I haven't seen any significant discussion about static fields on the lists
or on github so is this something that could be considered for addition to
the language?

Thanks,
Josh