varb = vara * 14 = 462
varc = varb * 77 = 35574
35574

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 5:47 AM, Mike Innes <mike.j.in...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you met @show?
> - mostrar texto citado -

       yo (Ismael VC cambiar)
 10:22 (hace 3 minutos)
   Re: [julia-users] Re: Debug printing a “value” and its “symbol”
 Traducir el mensaje al español
Reading the code, there is also a `indent` option, i thought it accepted a
boolean, but not, I find it very unintuitive:

dump(io::IO, x, n::Int, indent) = xdump(dump, io, x, n, indent)

julia> dump(:(1 + 1 * 3 - 4^7), 10, false)
Expr
false  head: Symbol call
false  args: Array(Any,(3,))
false    1: Symbol -
false    2: Expr
false      head: Symbol call
false      args: Array(Any,(3,))
false        1: Symbol +
false        2: Int32 1
false        3: Expr
false          head: Symbol call
false          args: Array(Any,(3,))
false            1: Symbol *
false            2: Int32 1
false            3: Int32 3
false          typ: Any
false      typ: Any
false    3: Expr
false      head: Symbol call
false      args: Array(Any,(3,))
false        1: Symbol ^
false        2: Int32 4
false        3: Int32 7
false      typ: Any
false  typ: Any

And once can't use this argument, as a keyword argument:

julia> dump(:(1 + 1 * 3 - 4^7), indent="--->")
ERROR: function dump does not accept keyword arguments

Keyword arguments are slow? Or why are the not used that much throughout
the API?