Hello Julians,

I have a shiny late Christmas present for you, complete with Julia-themed
wrapping.

Blink.jl <https://github.com/one-more-minute/Blink.jl> wraps Chrome to
enable web-based GUIs. It's very primitive at the moment, but as a proof of
concept it includes BlinkDisplay, which will display graphics like Gadfly
plots in a convenient popup window (matplotlib style).

Shashi has some great ideas for ways to control HTML from Julia, and
hopefully in future we'll have more nice things like matrix/data frame
explorers and other graphical tools.

(Incidentally, I'd also appreciate any feedback on the display system I've
made to enable this, since I'm hoping to propose it to replace Base's
current one in future)

Anyway, let me know if this is useful to you and/or there are any problems.

– Mike