I would have said IJulia with Interact.jl is your best bet to get this gone
quickly. But I see that doesn't work for you. That is unfortunate, because
doing it that way is going to be the easiest by far. If you can replicate
the issues, an IJulia bug report would be appreciated, I imagine.

Julia does have bindings to GTK and TK. Depending on your familiarity with
these frameworks, they may work for you.

Regards
-
Avik