On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 7:57:10 PM UTC-5, MA Laforge wrote:

> The real question is how much programming overhead is required to use
> these types (assuming the compiler does the grunt work reducing the
> *performance* overhead)

No, the real question is whether the benefit of using special types for
radians vs. degrees would outweigh the costs of retraining every single
user from every single previous mainstream programming language.   To me,
there is no contest — doing angles differently from every other programming
language would impose enormous costs in teaching, documentation, and
support (imagine the never-ending flood of mailing-list questions) that
would completely overwhelm the benefit of eliminating a "d" suffix on a few
functions and automating a few angle conversions.