That's one place off at the end of a 10 petabyte array. We're really planning
for the future. But as I think about it, we've grown 10 MB to 10 GB arrays in
20 years, so who knows what the future will bring.

Personally I think learning the difference between Float and Int is a pretty
basic programming skill, that is better thought at entry level, than in a "post
mortem" when something really bad happened. This distinction also makes
programs easier to read, because it forces one style of programming.