A while back, I decided to work with floating point Julian dates instead of
DateTime objects, but now that I think about it, that was mostly for my
convenience, and it may be time to revisit that decision.

In any case, I am still curious about the questions I posed. Could you
expand a bit about inheriting from types? How would that differ from my
type definition?

Thanks,
Chris