"Thank you for offering to help. I would like to phase out SymPy, but I
don't see it happening in the foreseeable future. I'm not sure how to
quantify the amount of capability in SymPy, but it is more or less
"enormous". I think I could work 8 hours a day for a year and not duplicate
it in Julia."
A better approach might be to complement SymPy, what would you say is
missing from SymPy? Also keeping it from entangling with the core like it
is now easy to disable SymPy by commenting two lines.

Good plans for the future involve letting SJulia and Equations with
offsprings mingle behind the scenes, at the base there will certainly be
some duplicated functionality however am intending to quickly progress to
very specialized implementations.

"Your example does work for me using  Version 0.4.0-dev+3965 (2015-03-22
12:24 UTC),
but things break fast with 0.4.0 !"
Alright will have to get access to recent versions of everything,
configuring a cloud computer to handle julia comfortably, it is currently
running with minimum resources.

"You shouldn't need to do all that. I'll have to build a new v 0.4.0 and
see if there is a problem."
Was looking for the source code for the expansion, expanding large
polynomials is currently a problem in Equations.

"Yes, the macro is expanded when it is entered. Julia functions can be used
with SJulia, but it is not integrated to this extent. I think I do have a
Julia-side interface to Expand, but it is disabled. I need to find a more
organized way to make some SJulia functionality available from Julia."
How do julia functions work at sjulia>... ?

"The SJulia command line mode is now built into the module, you no longer
need to build the fork of Julia (thanks Keno)."
Superduper!