Sorry, this is so late in the game – we were caught off guard by
unexpectedly being rejected as a GSoC project after such a successful GSoC
summer last year. Compensation is similar to GSoC and the projects should
be similar in scope and nature. If you have a project you'd like to
propose, write up an description and send it to me or Viral with "JSoC
proposal:" in the subject line.