We've put Julia and our package in a docker container and built a Ruby on
Rails front end that spins up containers when needed. When we've needed to
do a little more communication with the julia instance, we've run a ZMQ
server in Julia and fed in the required data. (after poking open the ports
through Docker) This has worked very well in that it allows Julia to do
what it does best (numerical computation) and lets Rails and some other
packages handle all the networking. Using this architecture we've been able
to develop our julia package just as a command line app.