These are two different problems, sorry. The issues you pointed to appear
to be Linux-only, and due to a version upgrade of libzmq - probably little
or nothing to do with Julia base. And also not yet completely identified or
solved.

The original post here was on Windows, "Provider PackageManager failed to
satisfy dependency zmq," which arose from C++ ABI mismatches due to the
openSUSE build service (which we use for many binary package dependencies
on Windows) fixing a typo in a configure flag which changed the way
libstdc++ deals with strings. C++ is filled with this nonsense, and even
ZMQ's author regrets writing ZMQ in C++ instead of C.