Sorry people, this is the right version:

function imwrite{T <: FloatingPoint}(x::Array{T,2},fname)
    width, height = size(x)
    open(fname,"w") do stream
        write(stream, "P6\n$width $height\n255\n")
        for j in 1:height, i in 1:width, k = 1:3
            write(stream,round(UInt8,255x[i,j]))

​

Yakir Gagnon
The Queensland Brain Institute (Building #79)
The University of Queensland
Brisbane QLD 4072
Australia

cell +61 (0)424 393 332