I've also been looking for a package for interacting with Jupyter from
Emacs. Currently in Emacs land we have EIN[1] and ob-ipython[2]. The
ob-ipython dev appears willing to add support for other jupyter
backends but needs help[3].
https://github.com/gregsexton/ob-ipython/issues/9. Support in EIN is
also being considered[4], but help appears to be welcome there as
well.

In short adding support for other Jupyter backends in emacs is badly
needed, and help to make this happen is wanted.

Best,
Ista

[1] https://github.com/millejoh/emacs-ipython-notebook
[2] https://github.com/gregsexton/ob-ipython, but both only work with python.