Note that you can use

julia:
  - 0.4

in your packages' .travis.yml files and it will start using the most
recently available RC. "nightly" is now 0.5-dev, which is not yet much
different than the release-0.4 branch but will start diverging over time.
"release" will still use the most recent 0.3 release until the final 0.4.0
version gets tagged. I would recommend you replace "release" with two
separate entries for 0.4 and 0.3 if you intend to continue supporting 0.3
in your package.

P.S: There's now a julia-news google group that announcements like this one
should also go to. Announcements can probably skip julia-dev?