Ahh, I remember enum from the good old C++ days. That looks useful, but in
reality I guess still not more user friendly than just taking a string
defining the method, and then writing in the documentation that it can only
have these values.
I like Julia in most other ways, though in this I do think the R match.arg
way is really very convenient (also because 'args(f)' will give the
possible versions right at the command line).
Thanks for the input!