On 17 September 2015 at 14:17, Kristoffer Carlsson <kcarlsso...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It was just an example. Everything is slow, startup is slow, marking text
> lags behind the cursor, even pressing Ctrl + Shift + P has a
> noticeable delay. When you are used to something like Sublime where
> everything is instantaneous it is basically unusable.

But I *did* come from Sublime, and I honestly don't notice the delays you
are talking about. Marking text lags behind the cursor? Really? I'm trying
it right now and I just can't reproduce it. I loved Sublime, but I felt
that Atom was better (I was sold on the Git integration).

> And yes, the fact that if you want to look in a log file means you have to
> start up another text editor is also frankly embarrasing.

What? Why would I be looking at log files in an editor? I use `less` or
`grep` when I need to look at a log file. If I'm looking at log files,
chances are that I am also at a terminal, and the natural thing for me to
do is to use standard commands like less, grep, gawk, sed and similar. When
I was using Sublime, I never once thought to open a log file in Sublime. It
just seems so much less efficient than less/grep.

Cheers,
Daniel.