On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 8:28 AM, <juliatyl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> - Do these global variables also refer to function calls like  time(),
> println() within a macro??

Yes, time and println are just const global bindings to generic function
objects.

I am kind of confused how to think of the hygiene of a macro:
>   - Should i be thinking in terms of what is returned as an expr from the
> macro should not conflict with the code context where it is returned?
>   - Or should i be thinking in terms of what is being supplied to macro
> should not conflict with what is inside the macro?

I'm not sure what these two options mean but you should apply `esc()` to
any expressions that should be interpreted as referring to things in the
calling environment. Not sure if that helps.