@MA Laforge

This looks a little bit like our first prototypes, with the addition of an
hierarchical format system.
I'm not sure if we really need a hierarchy. It seems hard to program
against some abstract type in this area, since you get so many edge cases.
It might be useful in some cases, but at least for now, FileIO works pretty
well without it.
In the end, I would rather like to have the hierarchy in the Julia objects
that get returned by load (e.g. AbstractString <: UTF8String etc)

Please consider the following points, that have lead to the current design:
- There are many IO libraries which should get dynamically loaded when the
format is detected (first argument for registry)
- we utilize magic bytes to recognize file formats (second argument for
registry)
- there are multiple IO libraries for the same formats and we need to
choose one dynamically
- we use dispatch in the same way, but just inside one module, to better
resolve ambiguities

>but something seems a little off about how I use/generate objects

I'm not really sure what you mean by that.

Best,
Simon