Running Julia in powershell or cmd, the background color of output lines is
always black.  If you set cmd or powershell to black this is fine.  With
any other default background color, you get Julia output written on black
bands across the window.

I installed cmder (very nice thing).  It is a Conemu with clink and other
improvements. Small download and portable install on windows.  very clean.

Since cmder is a unix shell, Julia works nicely with it and inherits  the
shell colors:  always looks good.

Probably should fix for windows users.  (I am Mac and Windows.)

Julia is way slower on Windows and I am using a very fast Win machine with
flash drive.