"When calculating a Fibonacci number, we have to apply F_n=F_(n-1)+F_(n-2)
repeatedly. So to find F_6, we apply the equation for n equals 3 through
6". Writing it as "for n in 3 through 6" or "for n in the range 3 through
6" wouldn't make nearly as much sense.

As I said, for general iterables, like vectors, the "in" keyword makes more
sense. But when you're talking about a counter variable, equals makes a
much more natural expression - you're not really constructing the range
object, you're just telling the program you want the counter to start at
the first value, and increment until it reaches the second value.