Asking questions is fine but please make an effort to be concise, and
reduce your word count when you do so.

Parts of Git are implemented in shell, perl, and tcl/tk, in addition to C.
These (mostly the shell script parts) require a posix environment to run on
Windows, which Git 2.x now accomplishes by including a forked copy of an
MSYS2 environment - a modified version of Cygwin. There are also many
different sub-commands in git which on unix are generally just differently
named symbolic links to the same executable, but Windows does not support
symbolic links to files without changing a default security setting so in
Git-for-Windows the subcommands have to be copies of the executable.

The generic Linux binaries actually do not include Git, you have to
manually install Git through your distribution's package manager before you
can use Julia's Pkg.