I don't have this file on either of the systems I have Julia installed on,
either Julia-0.4 or the Julia-0.5 nightly.

I did try to link against a libjulia.so in a source build of Julia-0.4 but
then it complains:

ERROR: system image file "/home/wbhart/../lib/julia/sys.so" not found

I imagine it needs some environment variable set to find this file? I
thought maybe JL_SHARE, but setting this didn't seem to help.

Bill.