I've searched my machine and really haven't found libjulia.so, except the
copy I mentioned, which has no symbols.

The PPA's seemed to be very up-to-date with v0.4.1 being available the day
it was released. They also work just fine. I think they are just missing
something.

Where would I even report that issue? Is it a Julia developer who maintains
the staticfloat ppa's?

Bill.