ladies and gents---I am not (yet) a julia user.

may I suggest adding more examples into two places where julia users will
face starting hurdles?

[1] the I/O docs of julia.  like, reading and writing csv files that are
compressed and decompressed on-the-fly, even if not in the ultimate
efficient manner.    a large fraction of the time and frustration of new
users is consumed by the task of shoehorning data into and out of new
computer languages.  with all of R's problem, the ' d <- read.csv("f.csv")'
and 'd<-read.csv(pipe(paste("gzcat ", fname)))' reduced this entry
frustration greatly.  perhaps xml file reading and writing.  perhaps...

[2] more 'standard task' programs would be great.  read a csv file, run a
regression according to variable names on the command line, print output,
draw a graph.  I know there are fragments throughout the docs, but some
section with ready to run complete programs would be good, perhaps at the
end of the manual.

in a year, I hope to switch my students from R to julia.

regards,

/iaw