Hi Ismael,
As I said I cannot do on my own since I've just started a new job. If there
is an interested student I can help him/her though
I am not software engineer. I've just curious about julia on android as you
are. So, it's a little overestimate you do on gitter
sorry about that. I can write a suggestion about it in julia-opt or a
related place and intersted party can carry on there.

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 6:38:37 AM UTC+2, Ismael Venegas Castelló
wrote:

> Here is a keep recap of what I've been able to achieve so far:
>
> * https://gitter.im/termux/termux?at=56e0f41a6fde057c26856001
>

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7oxuTda5nZk/VuD6Rx2cskI/AAAAAAAAA9E/WDmYW4Lp8j0/s1600/julia-arm.jpg>
>

> El miércoles, 9 de marzo de 2016, 10:35:53 (UTC-6), Lutfullah Tomak
> escribió:
>>
>> Sure I can write a proposal or suggestion and  if there is an interested
>> student I can help the work. I use my phone a substitute for pc so much and
>> right now I use a linux chroot app for julia but it is slow compared to
>> native apps like termux provides. The thing is I've recently started to a
>> new job so it may not be straight away.
>>
>> On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 8:32:02 AM UTC+2, Viral Shah wrote:
>>>
>>> How about making this a GSOC project? Could you perhaps submit a PR to
>>> the GSOC project page on julialang.org with these ideas, since you seem
>>> to have made the most amount of progress here?
>>>
>>> -viral

>>> support. I managed to build gfortran for cross compile but I think I am
>>> missing pure hard float libgfortran to compile libopenblas with. For
>>> android, libopenblas expect hard float libraries. In google provided
>>> toolchain, hard float libraries in .../armv7-a/hard but I don't have
>>> .../armv7-a/hard directory in my personal build of toolchain. Nevertheless,
>>> I can build openblas with lapack support but netlib provided tests does not
>>> work well. Blas passes tests.
>>> termux. They have source package build system available at
>>> https://github.com/termux/termux-packages . It can be helpful to look
>>> at. They listed julia in their package suggestion page for some time