Welcome!

To recompile julia, just type "make" from the command line. If you've
downloaded a binary, this won't work: you have to build from source.

Given that there's package precompilation, it's not usually "using XYZ" that's
slow anymore: it's usually the first usage of the functions in the package. You
might want to check SnoopCompile.jl.

Best,
--Tim