I think I start seeing what you want. A few questions:

1) Can the leafs be of the same type as the root and child?
2) Does every child need to have one child at least? (= no child with zero
leafs)

you can do the following:

```julia

# this generates a list of empty vectors that can hold MyNode types, each
of these vectors
# will then be filled with leafs
# once all vectors are filled with leafs we can distribute them to the
children

all_leafs = Any[MyNode[] for i in 1:nChildren]

for i in 1:100
  childIndex = rand(1:nChildren) # pick to which child this leaf will go
  #create your leaf here with necessary stuff like above
  leaf=MyNode(data,level, MyNode[], 0)
  push!(all_leafs[childIndex], leaf)
end
```