This is just me, but I prefer to wait a bit longer than to get mistakes
frozen into the language. One bit that I care about is the names of some
types and functions. For example, right now we have

- Base.String
- Base.ASCIIString
- Base.UTF8String
- Base.AbstractString

So, I want to use "String" in my code but right now it's deprecated, and
the others look horrible. My understanding is that this is still in flux
and in the future there will be a sane "String" type that people can
default to without getting errors... I would very much like to see that
implemented and working before Julia is frozen.

I also think that the type-related functions in Julia are inconsistent. I
think there should be functions called string(), int(), and float() that
return a String, Int64, and Float64. I don't think that the Julia
developers agree with me.

Oh, and I think that Float should be an alias for Float64 just like Int is
an alias for Int64.

So... there are some inconsistencies in Julia and I prefer to wait in the
hope that some of these might be ironed out before they become hard-coded
into the language.

Cheers,
Daniel.