On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Fred <fred.softwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am referring to all 3, ie the type of Ions_frag :)

Well, can you quote the performance tip? There's nothing wrong with
the type you are using in terms of performance so I'd like to know
which part of the doc is misleading.

> Initially I used :
>
> type Ions_frag
>   mz::Float64
>   intensity::Float64
>   charge::Int64
> end
>
> and it works. But, after reading the documentation I "understood" that it is
> not optimal in performances.

Not AFAIK. There can be possible issues due to how the type is used or
whether the type is actually what you need but there isn't any
performance issue just from the type itself anyway.