Hate to sound like a curmudgeon, but language evangelism frequently
backfires, and if it is coming from a person not working in a particular
problem domain, the best you can expect is a shrug. Which is fair I
guess, "I don't know what you are doing but I am sure you would find
language X a good match for it" doesn't sound too convincing.

On the bright side, Julia is spreading fast in many communites, so if it
is useful for those scientists, I am sure they will find it on their own
quickly. When they are ready; and when the language is ready.