Hello colleague,

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 5:58:28 PM UTC+2, Stefan Karpinski wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Stefan Karpinski <ste...@karpinski.org
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Compat.jl does this extensively with respect to Julia itself.
>

> Another example, just submitted to BinDeps:
>
> https://github.com/JuliaLang/BinDeps.jl/commit/64c591da0cabafc2e319b2ef0dedc18a42d34c95
> This happens all the time – I don't have a list of all the places off the
> top of my head, however.

i agree. Although i'd put Compat and BinDeps as central points for
attaching to the julia runtime/JIT rather as standard library and therefore
i assume the author(s) to be active on githup...
You also mention naming conflicts between local and published packages in
your 1.0 talk.
So from my perspective more fine-grained dependency resolution (different
environment for different packages, not only a single METAFILE) will
probably show up.