I need fast random access to a Dict{Int64,Float64}.
My application has a first phase in which the Dict is populated, and a
second phase where it accessed randomly (with no further additions or
deletions).
There are about 50,000 to 100,000 entries, with keys in the range 10^9 to
10^14.

Firstly is a Dict the most optimal data structure? (presumably Dict is
faster than SparseVector for random lookup?)

Secondly, is there any "preconditioning" I can do after creating the Dict
in phase 1 but before phase 2, to optimise the Dict for random access.
(e.g. sizehint, sorting keys)

I do appreciate access might already be fast and optimal and I should just
benchmark, but I'm just looking for some theoretical
insight before benchmarking.