> The function object then points into
> method tables. You can't assign the name "f" to a different function
> object, just attach different methods to it.  The troubles seem to arise
> from cached references to
> orphaned method table entries, which are not completely dissociated from
> the object named "f".
> f(x)=x^2

 so this definition associates the anonymous function with a name (and then
it is not anoymous anymore?)
However how do these method tables look like? In particular the name f is
then associated to these methods and for some reason one does not want to
be able to change f to refer to different methods?
How would different mathod attaching look like?
when I write

f(x)=x^2
and then
f(x)=x^3

the old method (is the method here the operation x^2 or x^3?) is still
there and x^3 is just attached to it?!?
is it possible to completely dissociate the old method (in this case as I
understand it correctly it is x^2?) with the name f?