You can break down the plot command into chunks and then call plot on those
chunks to build up a plot from several pieces. In this way, you can make
individual plots with multiple series. Then you can combine them according
to your desired layout.

This isn't the best place to post a full example so I put a notebook up for
you to have a look at here:
https://gist.github.com/swt30/54701d09cfa479dab78a5bc2fa857fd7

Cheers,
Scott