Sunburned Surveyor wrote:

Hi,

> I appreaciate Andreas' consideration for bloating OpenJUMP's
> dependencies on external libraries, and I also have no problem hosting
> DeeJUMP plug-ins in the JPP SVN Repository.

Great. Then I think I'll create a deeJUMP plugin. For the downloads I'm
sure we can find a solution to bundle them together.

> I will leave the structure of the SVN repository up to others more
> experienced with the use of SVN, but I think Paul made some good
> points in his post.

Yes, I think modularity in the source code is generally a Good Thing.

> I'd also like to know if the DeeJUMP team had any thoughts about
> Paul's suggestion of tapping into the Java port of PROJ4. It seems
> like a logical choice for projection code.

I'm not really that much into geography myself, so I can't really
comment on the usability of a projection library ;-)

But from what I hear the proj4 library seems to be the de facto standard
for C GIS applications, so using the Java port seems reasonable.

I've never actually looked into the transformation plugin in deeJUMP so
I also cannot comment on that. But when I start the deeJUMP plugin
repository I'll check in all the deeJUMP code, including what's left of
the transformation plugin.

Best regards, Andreas
--
l a t / l o n  GmbH
Aennchenstrasse 19           53177 Bonn, Germany