I personally prefer PDF format over HTML, but I think this is a matter
of taste. The main reason for my preference of PDF is the exact
control I am allowed over layout and appearance.

I'll keep whatever code I write to open PDF "help" files local to my
plug-ins and out of the core. I will keep the code in a separate JAR
file, so other plug-in developers will be able to use it if they
choose to do so. For example, I think Geoff has PDF docs for some of
his plug-ins, so he might be interested.

I think keeping my PDF help code out of the core would be the best for
everyone, considering the variety of help formats available.

I just thought I would ask. :]

The Sunburned Surveyor