Dear all,

The main pb for SIGLE that it needs gdal dlls. You can find a last
version here but only for windows (sorry Stefan :-)).
http://r1.bocher.free.fr/temp/bv_tanato/Tanato.zip

With the IRSTV team we are finishing a new georaster library based on
imageJ. We want to publish the core in few days. It can be a good
thing for OJ because we have :

- processing system like crop, slope, accumulation grid, convolution filter
- utilities , rasterization, histogram, lookup table..

We read only worldfile but geotiff is under development.  In the
future we want to integrate geo jpeg2000.

Feel free.

R1.

2007/9/27, Giuseppe Aruta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi SS,
> I did some test some months ago between the raster
> plugins.
>
> This is a comparition I did between Pirol Raster
> plugin and the embedded "Add Image Layer" raster
> plugin in OpenJUMP
>
> What Pirol can do (and OpenJUMP not)
> 1) support Transparency
> 2) Support mask colour
> 3) raster layers are saved in the project file
>
> What Add immegery layer does better (comparing to
> Pirol)
> 1) Support ECW (in windows, with ECW libraries)
> 2) it seems faster in rendering. Expecially when I
> change the zoom level
>
> I use the embedded "Add Image Layer" which seems
> useful for regular usage (expecially if you active
> ECW).
> I use Pirol only if I need to set transparency and/or
> I want to save the project with raster layer (very
> rare).
> I also had problems with Sigle plugin. As far as I
> remember Pirol plugin and Sigle seemed to be in
> conflict each other. Try to install Sigle without
> Pirol.
> Anyhow I never tested Sigle since embedded OJ raster
> plugin does more o less the same things and works
> fine.
> I hope that someone will manege one day the "bride"
> between Prol and embedde raster plugins in order to
> have the best of both :-)
>
> Peppe
>
> --- Sunburned Surveyor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> ha scritto:
>
> > What plug-ins are you guys using to view raster
> > images in OpenJUMP or
> > its sister programs?
> >
> > I tried installing the Sigle Plug-In, but I still
> > got JAI errors even
> > after I installed JAI. (Maybe I installed the JAI
> > for the JDK and I
> > needed to install it for the JRE.) Is anyone else
> > sucessfully using
> > the Sigle Plug-In to view images? Could you offer
> > some tips on the
> > corrext JAI installer to use?
> >
> > I also tried to view images in SkyJUMP, but when I
> > zoom extents
> > nothing is visible.
> >
> > In summary, the only JUMP flavor that I can use to
> > view images
> > currently is JUMP 1.2.
> >
> > I'm just wondering what others are using to view
> > raster images in
> > OpenJUMP, and if we might need to consider
> > integrating support for
> > viewing raster images from JUMP 1.2 in OpenJUMP.
> >
> > The Sunburned Surveyor

Ingénieur de recherche
Docteur en géographie,
spécialité géomatique
École Centrale de Nantes
Institut de recherche en sciences et techniques de la ville
http://www.irstv.cnrs.fr/
http://geosysin.iict.ch/irstv-trac/wiki
http://r1.bocher.free.fr
http://www.projet-sigle.org