Late breaking new:  Apparently SourceForge has disabled the cron
service of their shell:
From: https://sourceforge.net/docs/A04/#1181767103
(  2007-06-13 13:43:38 - Project Shell Service  )   As of 2007-06-12
the cron service provided under the project shell service has been
disabled. Ongoing systems problems have forced us to pull it offline
until a suitable replacement can be developed. Accordingly, no
estimate for when we'll restore service is being provided.

So I guess that idea is out.

Larry