Landon,

Is there a need to implement your own subclass of SimpleFeature or would
using the DefaultFeature implementation work. I'm guessing there is a
need as you want something which is both a JUMP Feature and a GeoTools
feature.

I'm still working away at my DataObject framework. The DataObject
interfaceI'm happy with and most of the DataObjectMetaData, except the
stuff to deal with inheritance (which most models won't use) and default
values. There is also some extra work for extended properties on
attribution and on the meta data. This will allow people to add extended
metadata without subclassing.

Have a look and see if this will work for what you are trying to do.

http://rsiaf.googlecode.com/svn/rs-gis-core/trunk/src/main/java/com/revolsys/gis/data/model/

There is an adapter for Jump Features as well.

http://rsiaf.googlecode.com/svn/rs-jump-core/trunk/src/main/java/com/revolsys/jump/model/

Once I'm happy with it, I'd consider donating it to a non com.revolsys
OS project for further maintenance

Paul