I've attached the two (2) source code files with some of my recent
clean-up/changes. (This doesn't include any of the docking window
framework or look-and-feel changes.) Please review my changes to these
two (2) classes if you have concerns before I commit to the core.

I'll commit next week if there are no strong objections to my changes.