Hey Guys,

I finished the "alpha" release of my attribute adder plug-in for OJ.
This plug-in uses information stored in a CSV file to automatically
add attributes to the feature schema of the selected layer. It also
adds a default value for the attribute to each feature in the selected
layer. Please note: This plug-in does not modify the selected layer,
but creates a copy on which the modifications are performed.

You can dowload the zip file from this web page:

http://www.redefinedhorizons.com/resources.html

The zip file for the plug-in includes a sample CSV file used to
specify the attributes to be added to the layer, a copy of Jodd.jar
(the only dependency of the plug-in), and the plug-in JAR itself. To
install the plug-in:

- Copy jodd.jar to your OJ lib folder or some other location on your classpath.
- Copy the surveyos_attribute_utils.jar file to your OJ lib/ext folder.

To use the plug-in:

- Create and save a CSV file with the information for the attributes
you want to add. Each row in the CSV file must specify (1) the
attribute name, (2) the OJ attribute data type, and (3) a default
value. (In that exacr order.) The plug-in does not currently support
any rows that do not meet this format.
- Execute OpenJUMP and select the "Attributes>Utils>Add Attributes
>From CSV" menu command.

I'll be working to put together a "beta" release package with
installation instructions, short instructions on use of the plug-in,
and separate source and binary packages. I'll get all of this on my
SurveyOS SourceForge site when it's bundled up. In the meantime, you
can grab the source code from the SurveyOS SVN. When the beta release
is available on line (in a few days) I'll announce the plug-in to our
users list.

Please try the plug-in if you are interested and let me know when you
find a bug.

SS