Zmitser,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you for a couple of days. I had a busy weekend.

Do you think you can handle setting up an Eclipse Java development
project for your plug-in? You'll need to create a new Java project and
add then JTS/JUMP libraries to your projects build path.

If you have trouble with this process, I will throw together a quick
screencast that shows you how to do it. (This probably wouldn't be a
bad thing to have for future users.)

I think there may be a better algorithm for your plug-in. If you are
trying to simplfy a linestring, you don't want to delete nodes
arbitrarily. Usually it is best to delete nodes that are very close to
other nodes, or nodes that are close to being on the same direction
(or "line-of-sight") as the previous and next nodes.

This will allow you to eliminate the nodes that will change the
overall "shape" or form of the linestring the least significantly.

We can discuss our method of simplification in more detail when we get
your Eclipse project set-up and start to write code.

SS