Hi SS,

If you are talking about this code, it looks like it works to me:

    public static Envelope getEnvelopeForFeatures(Feature[] features){
        Envelope env = null;
        Feature feat;

        for (int i=0; i<features.length; i++){
            feat = features[i];
            if (env==null){
                env = new Envelope(feat.getGeometry().getCoordinate());
            } else {
                env.expandToInclude(feat.getGeometry().getCoordinate());
            }
        }

        return env;
    }

regards,
Larry

2009/6/24 Michaël Michaud <michael.mich...@free.fr>

> Hi,
> > I believe there may be a bug in the getEnvelopeForFeatures method of
> > the FeatureCollectionTools class. It uses the Geometry.getCoordinate
> > method when it should use the Geometry.getEnvelopeInternal method.
> > This may result in the calculation of an envolope that does not
> > include the envelope of all features.
> >
> I think you're right. Using getCoordinate to compute an envelope is not
> correct.
> Feel free to fix it. You've got a correct implementation in
> com.vividsolutions.jump.feature.FeatureDataset.getEnvelope().
>
> Michaël
> > When I get my modified version of the getEnvelopeForFeature method
> > tested I will submit a patch.
> >
> > SS

Larry Becker
Integrated Systems Analysts, Inc.