I'll get a patch ready for OJ when I have unit tested the method.

Thanks for the review Michael and Larry.

While we are on the topic, could you guys look at the getCenterOfMass
method in the same class. Its supposed to act like the
Geometry.getCentroid method, but for a group of Feature objects.
However, I didn't see any use of the getCentroid method on the member
feature geometries from within the method. There is some math going on
in the method using coordinates obtained via the getCoordinate()
method, but I don't think it does what it is supposed to.

I think we should clarify the purpose of the method in the javadoc
comment, or perhaps discuss alternate implementations of the
getCenterOfMass method. This might be a good discussion for the JTS
mailing list.

I know you guys are busy. Only peek if you have time. I'll have a
revamped FeatureCollectionTools class ready by the end of the week I
hope. There should be some stuff in there I can port back to OJ after
you guys take a look. The revamped class will include a method to
compare the equality of FeatureCollections, which should be handy for
unit testing.

SS