The JUMP Developer Guide is the best source of design information.  What you
are trying to do is very difficult.  It has been done, but since they were
external projects, no information or source code was ever returned to the
project.  You might want to investigate a more appropriate toolkit like
GeoTools.

regards,
Larry Becker

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Jayaram Reddi <jre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>  I am new to OpenJump and I would like to request some help with developing
> external applications using OpenJump's API. I would like to use the
> visualization and processing capabilities of OJ in my own java application.
> I have spent a few hours looking through the documentation and wading
> through the mailing list archives hoping to find some leads into developing
> applications with OJ. I cam across the one sample file with code on how to
> use the layerviewpanel and load a few shapefiles into it. From there on its
> been difficult to figure out which objects do what and in what order or
> arrangement, Is there an object model diagram available? As of now I would
> like to make a simple GIS viewer that can add layers and list them. If i can
> manage that I'll try my hand at something more advanced. My eventual goal is
> to integrate it with an agent based model i have written in java.
>
>  Appreciate any help.
>
> Jayaram

Larry Becker
Integrated Systems Analysts, Inc.