Hi Stefan,
it seems an interesting idea. I am working around the translation of Sextante
help in Italian, with other people: writing the help in XML format seems quite
easy
On the other hand I have no idea how would it be possible to integrate the
framework into OJ.
AFAIR Openjump the merge used to have a sort of help in html format integrated
in it

Peppe