Guiseppe,

So what you want is to produce a new layer which contains copies of a
"template" geometry, each one centred at a point of another layer, and
carrying the attributes of those points?

You can do this now using JEQL.

http://tsusiatsoftware.net/jeql/main.html

Martin

Giuseppe Aruta wrote:
> Hi all,
> this would sound strange, but it would be useful if people have to add
> "blocks" (geometries) on a workbench.
> To explain what I mean I give a sample:
>
> a) I have a layer of points with their own attributes. These points
> represents, for instance, wells and the attributes are the owners, the
> quantity of water user per year, the year of opening etc..
> b) I have a layer with a single wkt polygon geometry. This geometry is, for
> instance,  a simple circle which represent a well in cartography (but it
> could be even more complicated multigeometry). This layer represent my "block"
> c) I want to create a new layer where the points are substituded by circles,
> in this case, with the same original attributes (owners, year etc) of the
> layer a).
>
> I am conscious that this is more a CAD question than a GIS one, but it would
> be sometimes useful in a CAD-GIS exchange projects.
>
> Right now I use the  "copy"/"past to the point" tools with some good resaults
> exporting a GIS project into an autocad map one, but this procedure requires
> a long job.
> I wonder if this could be automatized.
>
> Regards
>
> Peppe
>

> NB -  since I am around another useful cad project (Dante's plugins) I wonder
> if this request (if realize) could be integrated into a more large project, a
> new CAD toolbar for OJ, where to add all new editing/cad requests.

Martin Davis
Senior Technical Architect
Refractions Research, Inc.
(250) 383-3022