Rahkonen Jukka wrote:

Hi,

> > > I checked that WMS layer name is stored OK in the OJ project file
> > > <wms-layer-name>sf:archsites</wms-layer-name>
> > > Let's hope that question is only about url-encoding error.
> > I discussed with a Geoserver developer and he considered that
> > both ways would be correct, to leave it unaltered
> > sf:archsites or to url-encode it to sf%3Aarchsites.
> > >
> > > I think this is rather critical bug that effectively
> > prevents all use
> > > of Geoserver WMS services. Therefore I filed a new ticket
> > >
> > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3023366&group
> > _id=118054&atid=679906
> >
> > I agree. But checking the code I only see it being encoded once. I
> > vaguely remember fixing such a double encoding problem
> > (deegree WMS also
> > often has a colon separated prefix for layer names, eg. for the CITE
> > instances), but I think it had to do with GetFeatureInfo. Are you sure
> > you're using an up to date version? Well, probably you are...
> > Maybe it's
> > a problem with how it's encoded in the GetCapabilities response.
> >
> > Is there an online server against which I could test?
>
> We do not use Geoserver WMS services but I installed Geoserver on my
> laptop for testing with the Windows installer
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/geoserver/geoserver-2.0.2.exe
> After installation Geoserver WFS is at
> http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms
> I used the sf:archsites demo layer for testing, and checked the incoming
> GetMap requests from the request log that is located at
> geoserver2.0.2\logs directory.
>
> Now I do not have my laptop with me and I made another trial with an OJ
> 1.3 and Geoserver 2.0.1. This time Geoserver WMS works OK. I can see WMS
> layers, and if I save the project, close and reopen it and do right
> click - zoom to WMS layer then everything works just perfectly.
>
> I need to do some further tests in a more controlled way so I can see if
> my problems yesterday were due to Geoserver 2.0.2 or some old OJ
> version. I thought I was using 1.3 but I am not totally sure.
>
> It is possible to check the WMS url that OJ is using by using the nice
> Beanshell script from
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/jump-pilot/index.php?title=Beanshe
> ll:Get_the_WMS_URL_that_JUMP_is_using
>
> Running that from the Beanshell window should show immediately if OJ is
> having troubles with URL-encoding.

if you have the cmd shell enabled (change the script to start OJ with
'java ....' instead of 'start javaw ....'), you should also see the
GetMap requests logged on the command line (or if you configured OJ to
use log4j to log into a file).

Best regards, Andreas
--
l a t / l o n  GmbH
Aennchenstrasse 19           53177 Bonn, Germany